Monday, November 14, 2005

Moving Into High Gear

This weekend was seriously filled with distactions. First, I was sick. Really sick. Then, on Friday, we got (or rather my 11 year old got) a new puppy. My wife's mom bought bought it for her as an early Christmas present. The lady they had spoken to, had a Bijon Frize for sale for $300. I had mentioned to my wife that I really wanted a Shih Tzu (I've owned two in my life), so she casually asked the woman if she knew of anyone selling them. Amazingly, she was (!) She had a recent litter that she was going to put in the classified ads the very next day (!!) We asked her how much she was selling them for and she told us $350 (!!!) I haven't seen a price like that in years. So now we have an adorable female shih tzu named Mei Ling.
So, anyway, the best I was able to do with my NaNoWriMo novel was make a few key plot changes and a few edits, here and there - which put me behind. The good news is that the cahnges have put the story on a much faster track and today I knocked out 3,000 words. Since I've decided to keep this as my new daily goal, I'll be caught up in no time flat. On to the finish!

2 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger BeckoningChasm said...

I like shih tzus. Most tiny dogs like that tend to be hyper and yappy, but the shih tzus I've known were very sweet and good-natured.

Hey, you could put her in the novel!

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Cullen Waters said...

Never seen one, myself. With small dogs, I lean towards Daschunds. Great little guys Really stubborn, really smart.

Big dogs I'm torn. Too many that I either like or think look neat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home