Monday, November 07, 2005

A Day Off Did Me Some Good

I got back in the swing of things, today, after a day off. I was concerned about getting back into the groove and I'll admit, the first 10% of my daily 2,000 words was a little rough. However, today, I found myself focusing on more of the essence of the horror angle of the story - which is the way I want it. I want it to continue to build instead of periodically lapsing into more character development. I can always add that on the front end, later. Right now, I need the true horror story-telling that comes from the gut, like a nightmare, while I still have the creative juices flowing. Besides, who wants to read a "horror" story without any horror?

2 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger BeckoningChasm said...

Not me--a horror story definitely should have horror in it.

I'm finding that I can actually put character stuff in the narrative, rather than stop everything. It is, if I may be so bold, a cool feeling to have.

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Cullen Waters said...

A horror story without horror is sort of like a choclate chip cookie without choclate chips. It might taste fine, but it leaves you wondering about the maker...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home