Friday, October 28, 2005

I'm Ready to Leave Tonight - Trust Me


Today was absolutely gorgeous outside. Which made it a wee bit difficult to entomb myself in the windowless factory\warehouse that I now inhabit. Production must go on. Ah well, it ends shortly after midnight. At which time, I will drift off into the darkness. The night air chilled to perfection. For a vampire, that is. Speaking of which, that’s the subject of my soon to be NoNoWriMo novel If You Leave Me Tonight. That’s right, I joined, last night. Yes, I’d had a few – so what? I didn’t need November, anyway. I’ll just save everything that needs doing until December. I can hear some of you, now – “50,000 words isn’t such a big deal” – and you’d be right. Except that I work some tough hours. 10 hours a day (afternoon\evenings) Mon-Fri and some Saturdays. This means I’ll be doing most of my writing in a noisy warehouse environment during lunch and breaks. Therein lies the challenge. By the way, in case you’re wondering (or not), the title of the novel comes from an old “Night Gallery” episode “The Tune in Dan’s Café”. My favorite part was when the jukebox needle kept getting stuck on the line “…till death (scratch)…till death (scratch)…etc.” The line is actually “till death us do part.” Pretty darn creepy. Anyway, I’m going to give it a go and we’ll see what happens. I’ll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home