Thursday, December 08, 2005

Cryogenic Workplaces

The weather is beginning to take a turn for the worse, here, in Mississippi. I actually had some difficulty getting up for work, this afternoon. When the sky is a leaden grey and the cold winds blow, it just doesn’t seem right to have to get up to go to work. The animals don’t make it any easier. Especially the cats. They just lay there on the bed and look at me as if to say “You go out there, dude. We’ll just stay where it’s warm and comfortable, thank you.” McGhee, the poodle man is no better. Sure, he’ll get up to go outside in the backyard for the day's first whizz, have some breakfast, but then it's back to sleep. The only one who shows any enthusiasm to start the day is the new Shih Tzu (“Mei Ling Wu Shen Tao” aka “Miss Cocoa”) and she’s just a puppy, hence, clueless. (If you’re wondering, she was named after my best friend Paul’s martial arts school.)

Anyway, I’m surprised the night’s going by as quickly as it is (I work in the evenings till about 1:30 AM). Not too shabby. Maybe I can get some more of that revision done on my breaks. Things are slow and the techs are slower. I think it’s because they turn down the heat, once upper management leaves for the day. It doesn’t bother me, since I come from New York, originally. But I know it must play havoc with the folks who were born and raised in the South. Hey, can you tell I have nothing to write about, today? You can? Oh. Well, in that case, that’s it till tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Blogger BeckoningChasm said...

Did yer fingers freeze so's ya can't write?

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger hbrennan said...

Why yes. Yes they did.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home