Tuesday, December 06, 2005

A Revision Awaits

It seems that I’ve now entered into the final critical phase of my NaNoWriMo writing adventure. That would be the revision of my work for possible publication (like my writing actually merits publication). I guess I’m doing this just to say that I did it. I don’t know, it might be nice to have an actual tangible result to hold in my hand, so when someone asks me, I can say “Yes, I’m a published writer.” (I'm referring to a book, of course, I've actually had items published before) Not only that, but I’ve been reading a lot of published dreck, lately (along with some noteworthy items - to be fair). I look at it this way, if others can inflict garbage on me, why should anyone begrudge me a little trash of my own. I say that, well, because it sounds as good as any justification that I can think of at the moment. So, here I am, at the start of a massive revision that I need to complete by mid-January for the publication deadline. We’ll see how it goes.

The weather has taken a turn for the colder, here, in Northern Mississippi. But the sun’s out and the air is crisp. It’s almost too bright outside. But I love it. It reminds me of childhood Christmas anticipation in New York. I can do without the snow and slush (except for that first morning glimpse of a night time snowfall), but a clean, clear winter’s day – yes that’s the way it should be. I’m almost in too good a mood to write horror fiction. Maybe that’s what will allow me to give it that eerie twist of perception. You always expect horror on that “dark and stormy night” but when horror greets you on a cold, beautiful sunny day – now you’re talking…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home