Thursday, April 14, 2005

Money for Nothing, etc.

All righty, then. I just received 4 DVDs from Netflix ahead of schedule:
Sweeney Todd, The Demon Barber of Fleet Street” (Angela Lansbury and George Hearn, of course)
Mr Sardonicus
Victor Wooten: Live at Bass Day 1998
Donnie Darko: Director’s Cut
I’ll review these as I watch them, of course. Although, I ‘ll admit that I’m already quite familiar with Victor Wooten’s work through his association with Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. I had the opportunity to see them live, in Seattle, a few years back. It was an excellent venue – small college auditorium, which gave it a nice intimate feel. Bela even came out into the audience to play. That’s one of the reasons why I’ve always preferred small jazz concerts to large “big name” extravaganzas. There are a few exceptions, of course. I seriously enjoyed Santana when he played on Mud Island (Memphis, TN) as part of his “Supernatural” tour. I also wouldn’t trade my experience at a Grateful Dead concert (more on that some other time).
I’ve also seen “Sweeney Todd”, as well, but it was on an old VHS tape (long out of print at the time I purchased it on Ebay for a million bucks). Who knew it was coming to DVD with amazingly better sound quality. Oh well.
Not only that, but I found out that I’ve acquired a $1000 raise in pay. Talk about strange. I’m able to access my pay stub on-line (a day before my actual payday) and I picked up on the fact that my pay was going to be more than usual. When I did the math I came up with a figure that was exactly $1000. Then it hit me – my boss mentioned that he submitted a good review for me (just as he was leaving to work for another company). So I put two and two together and deduced that I had been given my annual pay raise. Nobody bothered to say anything but that’s ok, I’ll take the money, thank you. So it boils down to this – with the addition of another supervisor to back me up, I’m making more money for less work. It doesn’t get any better than that. Pass me one of those meat pies, Mrs. Lovett. Uh, maybe not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home