Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Excuse me

Today was a pretty decent day. The sun's out and it's in the high 60's which is pretty decent for February. Work went along just fine - no major issues. Attended a customer meeting for Hewlett Packard with my rear intact afterwards (they can be extremely confrontational, sometimes). But the day wouldn't be complete without some form of insanity. Here's today's peek into the asylum:
When I got back out on the floor, my Lead (assistant) hands me two "Personal Time Off" request forms from two techs, from the day before. It seems they (boyfriend and girlfriend) decided that it would be a good idea to come in for an hour and just leave to go home. Mind you, these are two of my best techs. But to top it off, they had the nerve to submit time off forms for my approval. Needless to say, I wrote "not approved" on both of them. So today the male tech comes over to my desk and asks me why I didn't approve the time off. I told him that coming into work and then running off with your girlfriend is not an acceptable business practice and violates our "48 hour" rule for requesting time off. His reply - "I had to go home because I drank too much was hung over from the night before"!

I just looked at him.

So, I asked him, are you telling me that you and your girlfriend needed to leave the job, after one hour, because you were hung over? That's your excuse??

"Yup".

I didn't write him up (or her, for that matter). I figured it would make me look too cruel to be writing someone up while I was laughing...

1 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger BeckoningChasm said...

I was pretty hung-over one time, and was going to call in sick, but couldn't get anyone to answer the phone. So I ended up doing a full day of work anyway.

What's the world coming to when a person can't booze himself out of work, I don't know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home