Thursday, January 19, 2006

One if by land. Two if you've had a few.

Today has been pretty standard. Nothing special. I’m still enjoying my new schedule which means I don’t have to get so early and I can spend some time with the family, at night (although the obligatory watching of “Will and Grace” with the wife is starting to grate just a little. The show can be funny, in places, but most of the time it just seems that they’re going for the raunchy joke just for heck of it, without being all that clever.). Still, I got to slap 128 megs of additional RAM in little daughter’s computer so she can do a few more things a little faster. She still insists on playing “Serious Sam” on my computer, though. I don’t know. It always strikes me funny to see an eleven year old play an FPS (First Person Shooter). I guess if we ever get attacked by alien monsters, she’ll be good for backup.

Miss Cocoa, the little Shih Tzu, is getting cuter every day. Now she runs when you pretend you’re going to “get her” (possibly for a bath and the much dreaded hair dryer). However, anytime I find myself near or opening the refrigerator she immediately runs over to me and sits down studiously in case it’s time for something to eat (which is pretty much always). McGhee (the little poodle man) is blissfully unaware of his impending trip to the vet for a slight “reorganization of his priorities”. Namely, the propagation of his species, if you get my drift. The cats are alternately aloof and attention vortexes, depending on their level of neediness at the moment.

Last weekend was the “party weekend” to celebrate my promotion. I can always tell when I’ve been “having a good time”, just by checking my Ebay account to see what I’ve been possessed to order. Sure, daughter needed RAM, but did I really need my own personal Revereware frying pan with a supply of “Twinkle” to clean the copper bottom? Don’t be silly. Of course I did.

2 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Blogger BeckoningChasm said...

I don't think our kids will be backup--I think they'll be on the front line and the aliens won't know what hit them. It's almost funny the way my son will slow down so as to let the old man shoot a few.

I wonder what happens when we finally do make contact with an alien species, and they find out we spend a great deal of our leisure time shooting them....

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger hbrennan said...

Maybe we'll discover that their kids spend all their time shooting humans in similar video games.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home