Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Rambling Man

well, I just returned from my self-imposed "vacation" from everything but the necessary. It's strange, but I actually feel like I took a nice trip somewhere peaceful and I guess, in essence, I actually did. No obligations other than just family and work. No "extras". I didn't watch any movies - Just "24" with the wife. I found it pretty intense and absorbing - but seriously. I'm supposed to believe all that took place in "real time". Are you kidding me? Here's Jack chasing down some terrorists. Now, here's Jack in an airplane crash. Now he's removing a piece of metal from his leg and running from some gunmen. Criminey! I can't even get on a plane in an hour. What about bathroom breaks? How about some treatment for that leg? I know what he was thinking - "PLEASE don't let me hit rush hour traffic! I only have an HOUR, here!" Good show, though. Well, back to work. My assistant on 2nd shift is off the next 3 days for his birthday. That means I get to come in at 11 a.m. to check on 1st shift, then stay until 2nd shift ends at 12:30 a.m. the next morning! Good times. I'll have to make up for it by scheduling some vaction time in March. More on that, later.

2 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Blogger BeckoningChasm said...

You should bring a laptop and work on your novels...discretely of course--

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger hbrennan said...

That's a good idea. The added benefit is that it would look like I was working myself to death. Always a plus in the eyes of any production company.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home