Tuesday, December 20, 2005

As the Holidays Approach

Finally, a spare moment when I actually feel up to writing a sentence or two. Once I get past these next few days, I’ll have about ten days for some serious downtime which will allow me to reflect on the past year (not to mention some serious movie watching). I picked up a copy of “Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny” and it’s companion “Santa’s Christmas Elf” on Ebay to watch with my granddaughter. Maybe I’ll convince the whole family to join in. Merry Christmas, everyone!! Hey, what are you guys looking at? No, seriously. Hey, wait! Ow, ow, ow!!! Hmmm. Maybe we’ll skip the “family viewing” part. I can’t even find “Santa’s Christmas Elf” on the Internet Movie Database. I’ve read the reviews on “Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny” and it seems appropriately insane.
Anyway, not much going on, besides work, at this point. We had a decent “secret Santa” gift exchange in which I picked up a very nice fleece lined shirt which will come in handy during these low temperatures. It’s that time of year when being at work has a more social atmosphere to it. Upper management is rather scarce as they make their way to various locations throughout the country to visit family. There’s that familiar feeling of not really being on the job (even though you are). It’s like a big party where everyone still has tasks to perform, but with less tension and a heightened sense of good will. Christmas is really the only time of year that you can experience that type of work scenario in the business that I currently happen to be in. If you’re out there working, right now, I wish the same for you…

1 Comments:

At 6:27 AM, Blogger BeckoningChasm said...

I think I read the Agony Booth review of SATICB, and it sounded like something that would make me yank my eyes out.

Tis the season and all that, I guess....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home