Monday, January 09, 2006

Happy Holidays - Well, not really

Wow. That was a close one. I hope everyone had a great holiday, because mine was the “holiday from hell”. Oh, Christmas was just fine. Did the usual family things, Dinner, presents, etc. However, New Years was a completely different ball of wax. It started with me feeling a bit under the weather. This quickly blossomed into a full “where did this come from?” illness. The thing that was so misleading was the fact that I was running a fever which indicated that I had the flu. So antibiotics were prescribed and I was taking aspirin for the pain. Bad mistake. You see, it wasn’t the flu but a developing ulcer! As you may know, taking aspirin when you have an ulcer is similar in concept to imbibing a sulfuric acid martini. The pain was, shall we say, “unique”. Even my feet began to spasm from the muscle tension. Fortunately, something told me to drink some milk and when I noticed a slight dip in the pain level, I knew what the deal was. Back for a completely different set of medication and I was on the slow road to recovery. Unfortunately, by this time, I was weak from lack of food and I still couldn’t keep anything down. But, by Tuesday, I was well enough to drag myself into work. The day was rather stress-free, so I was OK. However, on the very next day, I was informed that the first shift supervisor had been fired and I was needed to run both first and second shifts! Criminey! In order to do that I had to immediately adjust my sleep cycle by four hours so I could be present on both shifts. So there you have it. From the outside, it must’ve looked like one of the extras from Romero’s “Land of the Dead” trying to direct over 100 technicians and support people in some meaningful manner. On the plus side, I feel a lot better, today and now I’m convinced that I can do just about anything. Oh yes, I also had to cancel B-Fest again, this year. How nice.

2 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Blogger BeckoningChasm said...

Damn--sounds like a time. Glad you're feeling a little better, but that's a shame about B-Fest. I hope to go sometime myself.

Are you sure the ulcer wasn't brought on by Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny?

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger hbrennan said...

Actually, it was "Santa's Magic Elf (named Calvin)". I picked up the VHS at the same time I got "Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny". This one is so bad and obscure, it's not even listed in the IMDB!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home