Monday, June 05, 2006

Oddly Enough, This is Post # 100

Well, it’s been a while since I’ve written to my blog. Actually, that can be a good thing since I tend to write more when I’m depressed over some unforeseen negative change in my life. But give me sunny skies and a reasonable amount of prosperity and there seems to be no motivation to write. I think one of the difficulties I’m encountering is the actual focus of this blog. Therein lies the dilemma. Notice how I said “this blog” as if this were an actual attempt at material to be viewed by others as opposed to an actual diary. I’ve found that once I decided to write for myself, there really wasn’t all that much to say. After all, I chatter endlessly to myself throughout the day, so what’s left over to write? You know, that’s something I’m going to have to figure out in the next day or two…

1 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger BeckoningChasm said...

People take blogging entirely too seriously. Like, Zeus is reading, and is readying his thunderbolt for a post that just lacks.

The trick is [pause while I realize I have no idea what the trick is] to um, not worry about it. That blogging has many uses to many people, from private thought-farming to world-ranting to hobby-bellowing.

Somewhere, there are people who read these things and enjoy them, for their own reasons. Maybe you made them laugh, maybe you made them think, maybe you made them laugh and think they could do better. Could be worse.

Trying to second guess a potential audience is a game for George Lucas. And we don't know anyone like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home