Monday, May 01, 2006

Them Changes

Here I am. Back in the blog after an extended “vacation”. Quite a few things have been going on to alter the existing path of my life. Good things, for the most part. But change is always tough to take after you reach a certain age. It used to be that I welcomed the unexpected. One day, working in advertising a half a block from Seattle’s Space Needle. The next, being driven by a Navy corpsman assigned as my assistant, along the coastline of Okinawa on a beautiful Fall afternoon. The ocean painted with iridescent reds, greens, and blues. Then driving through Atlanta on my way to a rented restored home in the heart of Buckhead. Now, writing this in a mostly deserted warehouse\factory in Memphis, Tn. contemplating “a day without an immigrant”. Strangely, after 12 years, I find myself living alone, again. I have a nice place, though and after all these years, I have extra money. Interesting concept that. “Extra money”. I didn’t think that was even possible.

I’m watching more movies, these days. Just revisited “Spider Baby” with Lon Chaney Jr. This time, with the director’s commentary turned on. Great film with an amazing cast. Maybe tomorrow, I’ll write a more detailed review. See you then.

1 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger BeckoningChasm said...

I'm watching more movies, too, but kind of liking them less. It turns out I DO have a boredom limit! Taking two weeks to watch "The Galaxy Invader" is pretty much a waste of two weeks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home