Monday, September 18, 2006

Don't Forget the Fish Oil Capsules

Enough with the hospital, already. Suffice it to say that, besides the family, my other visitor was the Director of Production for my building, at work. Which was definitely a nice gesture. He’s a good guy who happens to be my immediate supervisor but who’s comfortable enough to talk to, so that he ended up visiting for about an hour with no awkward “forced hospital talk” that makes those kinds of visits so awkward. For example - “So, they got you in the hospital, eh? How’s the food? Hope you feel better. (long silence) Well. I know you need your rest (which never happens). I guess I better be running along. Bye. Hope you like the flowers. (Yeah, sure. Just what I needed for that funeral parlor ambience).
Suffice it to say, I was released and I’m doing better.
Although, I had to re-visit my eating habits. One good thing about the year 2006 is that there is an abundance of nutritional information right on the packages of food. Not only that, but there seems to be a plethora of pre-prepared, frozen, microwave-ready dinners that contain a sensible amount of fat and calories. They’re tricky, though. Finding the ones with enough food for an actual meal can be daunting. I tried a couple that would only qualify as a meal if you also ate the cardboard packaging that it came with. Even then, you’d still need dessert. So far, the “South Beach Diet” dinners fill me up the best. I’m not sure what the heck the “South Beach Diet” is all about (I’ll be looking I up right after this post). They should just call it “You Get Enough Food – But We’re Watching the Fat Content Diet”. Fine by me.
Hey, who says you don’t get pre-occupied with your health when you turn 50. I guess the next stop for my attention will be bowel city. Lord – I hope not…
Next up – How I fell in love with my new VHS\DVD player (Got it Saturday).

2 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Blogger BeckoningChasm said...

I wonder if zombies worry about the content of the food they eat. "Wow, I think I'll chomp on that guy."

"Are you kidding? He's got to be high in fat. You'll be up all night moaning."

"But that's what we do anyway."

"Don't argue. You should eat that other one, the older one. Lots of good fiber."

[I may have to steal this one back.]

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger hbrennan said...

Too late.

Anyway, I think it mostly has to do with what the zombies did in their former "life". If you're obese, you'll have little to fear from California zombies in running clothes. As far as the "older ones" with the high fiber content...Hey! I resemble that remark!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home